- This event has passed.
Caen Dissection Course
29th September 2022 - 1st October 2022
This three-day hands-on dissection course will be held on September 29th -30th and October 1st, 2022 in the University of Caen, France, under the European Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery (EAFPS) auspices. It will focus on the main surgical procedures and aesthetic medicine of the face and the nose. Anatomical dissections, including the danger zones, will be followed by surgical demonstrations and cosmetic techniques, hands-on works and discussions with the faculty and tutors.
Chairman: Dr Yves SABAN (France)
Co-chairmen: Dr Vincent PATRON (France), Pr Martin HITIER (France)
EAFPS President: Dr Alwyn D’SOUZA (Royame-Uni)
- Dr Michele PASCALI (Italy)
- Dr Jose Carlos NEVES (Portugal)
- Dr Guillaume CARLES (France)
- Dr Olivier GERBAULT (France)
- Dr Frédéric LANGE (France)
- Dr Thomas TRUONG TAN TRUNG (France)
- Dr Rachid GARMI (France)
- To review and understand the anatomy of the nose, the face and the neck
- To identify and avoid the “facial danger zones” in aesthetic surgery and medicine
- To discuss the indications for surgery and specific aesthetic medicine procedures
- To learn the most important surgical techniques in facial aesthetic surgery
- To learn a safe and effective approach for injecting the botulinum toxin
- To learn where and how to inject dermal fillers and develop your skills
- Special task: to offer you the best experience of teaching each step of the dissection and of the injection will be checked by the tutor. After checking the technique and discussing the possible problems, the tutor will tick the case in the planned program for each participant. This control will be mandatory to allow you to access the next step.
Université de Caen – Pole des Formations et de Recherche en Santé
Laboratoire d’anatomie, 2 rue des Rochambelles – 14032 CAEN
Official language is English