The European Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery (EAFPS) aims to train, maintain and uphold the highest quality in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery through its recognized Fellowship training programs and Certification process. This ensures training compliance, with all member Societies involved, maintains uniformity in the highest standards of training, and reassures the patients and the public. Fellows who successfully complete the EAFPS fellowship are expected to pursue certification by the European Board of Certification in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (EBCFPRS).
- The applicant is a current resident in Europe or a neighboring country.
- The applicant has completed specialist surgical training in Otolaryngology- Head and Neck Surgery or Plastic Surgery and has passed the respective specialty exams of the member societies country(‘s).
- This specialist surgical training has been done in a European center.
- The applicant is an EAFPS member prior to application.
- The applicant has support for the fellowship by the head of his/her current department, fellowship mentor(s) and two current EAFPS members.
General Rules to create an EAFPS Fellowship Program
- The duration of a fellowship is one year – lesser periods are not accepted.
- The EAFPS recommends completing the fellowship within one year.
- Taking the EBCFPRS examination under the auspices of the IFFPSS is required for completion of the fellowship.
- The EAPFS therefore recommends to plan the EBCFPRS exam at the end or just after your fellowship.
- Four consecutive observerships of 3 months are eligible to count as a year fellowship. The Board of Education
will review such a request prospectively. Mandatory requirements still apply.
- The EAFPS recommends to discuss the content and the educational goals of the fellowship program with your